I realize it would be nice of me to do another recipe post sometime soon, or at least something with a picture in it. The truth is I haven't made anything cool or pretty in awhile--basically in the past few days I've made hamburgers, pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a zucchini bake that looked like something a dog regurgitated. But it was tasty.
Now I did make a cheesecake for my grandma when she was here, but we ate it so fast there wasn't a chance of getting a photo. You should see my grandma eat cheesecake. The second day they were here and I fixed pork chops for supper, she refused to eat because she was saving up for cheesecake. Then she made herself a pot of coffee and ate three pieces. My mom does that sort of thing too, except with ice cream. She'll skip all four nutritious food groups if she knows there's a bowl or two of homemade ice cream on the line.
Then she'll take the dog on a three hour walk the next morning at 5am to rebound.
Just take a gander at the ancestors from which I descended and tell me if there's any hope for the likes of myself. Yep, I was the personal trainer in college that ate dessert after every meal and hoarded candy in my desk in the training suite. I half-way quit the job out of a guilty conscience.
Anyway, moving away from my poor eating habits...
I haven't done anything interesting lately, either. My days consist of me waking up glued to my bed. Honestly, it feels like over the course of the night someone has pounded my body into the mattress and I can't un-wedge myself. Then I have to stumble to the bathroom bent in half because I can't straighten up until after I've emptied my bladder. If I can put it off until 7 or so, I'm doing good, but after that the baby is ready to begin its morning exercise routine. I picture it using my organs as trampolines and spring boards to launch it from one side of the uterus to the other.
Yesterday I had another doctor's appointment and an ultrasound. Everything looked good and healthy, and we (I dragged the Mister along) got to see the baby sucking. Edna, the ultrasound technician said it was drinking in amniotic fluid. "Actually, it's drinking it's own pee," she said, "but it's not pee like yours or mine. It's sterile." Glad she could clarify.
Well, I weighed in at a whopping 176 lbs. And I had on a pair of jeans and my tennis shoes. I feel like defending myself, even though I probably don't have to. I started out around 148, so that means I've gained, what, 28 pounds so far? Probably the reason I feel so ingrained in my mattress in the morning. Anyway, it's not like I can go back and lose weight right now. I'm just going to have to deal with the consequences later on. And my friend said I need to stock up on ACE bandages and maybe things will eventually return to their starting size.
I got a flu shot at the doctor's too. It's just the usual dead flu strain they're giving out right now, apparently I have to wait until mid-October to the the H1N1 series. Wow, I've got a lot to look forward to, eh?
Hm, what else? I think I've already mentioned I'm watching football. It's okay to watch now, since the pre-season stuff is over. I can't be bothered with pre-season games. They just irritate me--August is not the time for football! I want to tell those ESPN commentators, just wait a couple of weeks, please, and I promise I'll give it my full attention when I feel like eating chili and chips with Ro-Tel! August was not made for eating chili in front of a football game. And I refuse to do it.
Well, we watched one and a half games last night (mixed with a little channel flipping to accommodate a TLC cake-decoration competition because my hubby is cool like that) before I hit the sack. I get a certain thrill out of watching Terrell Owens lose. It doesn't matter what team he's on--him and Jay Cutler. I get the impression that they aren't the nicest or most decent people in real life and I'm half evil because I'll watch their teams play and and cheer for their opponents to beat them. My heart skipped a little when Cutler threw a gazillion interceptions in the first half at his last game.
They're making good money as it is, so I don't feel too bad about not liking them.
What a ramble, huh? I better wrap it up. If you made it through reading this far, go buy yourself a Coke and a candy bar. I've got nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment