Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Linky Fashion

I checked out a blog book from the library and it's teaching me all the things I should've learned before I got myself into this blogging mess. It's exciting! Now I know how to make a word into a link!
We're going to give it a little practice today.
So, I was checking out some clothes at Old Navy (online, of course since there ain't any Old Navys anywhere in my part of the country) because I've got a friend getting married in August. And you know what August means--did I mention she's getting married back in Missouri (which rivals the gates of Hell itself when it comes to heat and humidity)--heat index around 120. Whatever is a "heat index" anyway? Those meteorologists have to make it sound extra bad by punching up numbers that don't make sense to the common man.
I found this cute dress that I really think is pretty darling and cool enough to be bearable to wear in August--mind you in an air conditioned church. And since it's cotton, I might not even make sweaty marks on it. Sorry, that's gross. I guess the downside is that I'll probably shrink it sooner or later. But. Should I drop thirty bucks on it if I've never tried it on, though? See, this is my problem with buying online... I have done some major shopping in the past and ended up with only one clothing item out of eight that actually fit.
"But I had to order at least $100 worth to get twenty percent off and free shipping!" I sputtered when the Mister scolded me.
"And plus, I'll just give what doesn't fit to Mom and my little sister!"
Which is exactly what happened.
Another sweet dress that wants me is from GAP. But again, I just can't make myself drop that kind of money. Am I even going to have a big enough belly come wedding time to make that dress look right?
Eventually I made my way to Wal-Mart online. Don't all roads lead to Wal-Mart? But I can't make myself order this dress either because on the other end of the spectrum, you chance blowing $14 on a piece of junk-clothes. From Wal-Mart.
I ended up at Amazon--don't ask me why, but curiosity made me check and see if they sold maternity apparel, and yes they do. My goodness, who knew there was a need for a six-way maternity dress?
Then the swimsuits got me.
This one is way cute. But probably cuter on the model than anyone else.
Call me if you find someone who can pull this off.
And this is my favorite practical one.
It's a good thing I'm in Yo-Quatics class, huh? Otherwise I might have no earthly excuse to look at maternity swimwear!
Well, just 'cause I was tired of pretending like I was going to buy something, I decide to do something useful. So I found this. Really, don't waste your time. Really.
One more thing: I disagree that There's a Romper for Everyone.
Now I'm just getting carried away.
Thanks, Blog Wild! for teaching me how to do links.

2 comments:

  1. That 6 way prego dress is ingenius! Who knew a single dress could do so much? My fav. wedding dress is the old navy one (good job with the links so I could see them). You are right, don't go with WalMart. I am actually getting pretty impressed with you and your witty blogging. I decided to start a blog for me and Jon, not because we are witty, but I thought it may help with the arguing we have about who gets to put up albums on fb. Also, I should tell you my favorite swimming suit, since you went to all the trouble of linking them, and I went to all the trouble of looking at them. The peachy one with the flowing belly part is super darling.

    Maybe a game of blitz could be used as a bargaining chip to get DK. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about maybe sewing my own dress? Minus a zipper, since i'm no good at those, but I could do bunches of elastic, no prob. You're a sweetie for looking at the links! And I would be your biggest fan if you started your own blog. You know that!

    ReplyDelete